- Before making translation of wordpress plugin, you need to have Poedit program. You can download it from here. Its completly free.
- Start Poedit program.
- Select File -> New catalog from POT file from menu and select POT file for translation usually its inside of languages folder.
- Type description of your translation
( look at picture, example picture is made on translation of “Booking calendar” plugin) .
- Enter The name of PO file.
Name of file consist from 2 parts:
1st part its the filename of the plugin (in our situation its “wpdev-booking”),
2nd part its the Locale ( for translation in russian language “ru_RU”).
So we will have name “wpdev-booking-ru_RU.po”.
- Save file to the “languages” folder of plugin.
- Make translation.
- If you find in translation “%s” symbol you shoud leave it at the same place as at original trnslation line.
- Save file after translation.
- If you make translation, you can send this translation files (*.po, *.mo) to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add them to the next release of plugin. Thank you.