- Before making translation of wordpress plugin, you need to have Poedit program. You can download it from here. Its completly free.
- Start Poedit program.
- Select File -> New catalog from POT file from menu and select POT file for translation usually its inside of languages folder.
- Type description of your translation.
- Enter The name of PO file.
Name of file consist from 2 parts:
1st part its the filename of the plugin (in our situation its “wpdev-booking”),
2nd part its the Locale (for Spanish translation: “es_ES”).
So we will have name “wpdev-booking-es_ES.po”.
- Save file to the “languages” folder of plugin.
- Make translation.
- If you find in translation “%s” symbol you should leave it at the same place as at original translation line.
- Please be sure that you do not set specific translation line as “Fuzzy”. You can check it at the “Edit menu” – “Translation is fuzzy” (Ctrl + U)
- Save file after translation.
- If you make translation, you can send this translation files (*.po, *.mo) to email@example.com and we will add them to the next release of plugin. Thank you.